Wednesday 14 September 2011

"Do you have any friends in Brussels?"

Last night whilst watching Friends (yes, bad French student...watching TV in English) with my flat mate and her boyfriend she asks me a question (again in English, I'll get better, I promise...!)  Now all I really heard of what she said were the words do, you and friends so excuse me for presuming that she was asking me if I watch Friends.  So I proceeded to tell her that yes, indeed I do, and in fact I probably know all the words as I used to watch it after school all the time.  She looked so confused and I wondered why, until she said "my question was actually do you have any friends in Brussels!"...oh dear, doesn't bode well for my French if I can't even understand English!

This morning Mum, Dad and I went to the Atomium, after braving my first solo trip across town on the tram.  We spent the morning there (I'll steal some of the photos off of Mum at some point).  In the afternoon we went to see the Manekin Pis, Mum and Dad were dissappointed at the size, take that as you will... Afterwards I headed off to meet James and Jenny from Lancaster and a girl I met on the internet called Nikki, coming on Erasmus from another UK uni as well as her friend Vera from Portugal.  We even attempted French for a bit, even if just for 10 mins before digressing back into English!  Off to ISTI tomorrow so maybe we'll get going with things, at least I hope so.

Tonight holds another proper tea with Mum and Dad and some essential Waterloo Road viewing on the BBC (Which I won't be able to watch the rest of unless someone can tell me a cheeky way of watching it without iPlayer?) before heading back to my flat.

Night all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: