Friday 30 September 2011

Another early start but hey- students never say no to freebies!

Today ISTI provided us with another free trip, this time it was to Blegny Mine and then to Liege.  It meant another early start as we had to be there for before 8am again but it was FREE.  I'm sure one of the first things Uni has taught me is that if it is free you accept it because it probably won't be coming along again any time soon!

First stop was Blegny Mine where we had a tour for about 2 hours, I didn't take any photos actually in  the mine (mostly because I left my camera in my handbag, above ground...) but there wasn't really that much to be taking photos of anyway.  It was quite refreshing to get in the cool below ground though seeing as it was so hot today, I can't believe that on the 30th of September we're hitting 28 degrees- in Belgium!  After the mine and a nice long lunch break in the sun we headed to Liege where we had a walking tour, our guide was very nice but it was just too hot to be concentrating on what she was telling us!  I understood the majority of it but retained nothing! (Except for the fact that the group of Spanish girls with us need gagging because they talked the whole way round which I thought was just plain rude....)

 The journey home took longer than anticipated but when we got back into the city 2 of the teachers just hopped off the coach, soon enough everyone was hopping off where they wanted to which meant that I got dropped off at the tram stop I usually arrive at-saving me the trip back from ISTI.  The driver wasn't best pleased I think but muttered something along the lines of if I do it for the teachers I'll have to do it for the students and so opened the door and let me off.


P.S Could Covis (?) tell me who you are, I'm intrigued as I know all my other "followers" and seeing as you follow Jack too I guess I know you from Uni?  Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: