Thursday 8 September 2011

♫ It's the final countdown ♪

I'm going to have that song in my head for a long time now I'm sure but never mind.

In 2 days time I will be in London waiting for the Eurostar to take my parents and I to Brussels.  Luckily for my lack of housing situation my parents are coming out and staying in an apartment for a week so it at least gives me half a chance of finding somewhere and moving in without resorting to a hostel.  We've (and by we I mean mostly Mum whilst I've been in Stafford-Thank you Mummy!) been looking on all the websites we can find for rooms.  We've got one appointment booked up and have sent some more messages so hopefully another few should come out of it.  I'll spare you from the nightmare-ish stories I've heard about other people trying to find accomodation, but just put it this way, Brussels is not that easy for an Erasmus student only staying for 5 months- believe me!

I guess I better get started on the packing tonight, very unlike me to have done as little as I have so far but I just haven't been at home enough to do it- which I'm fully aware is my own fault, but worth it because I got to see Nicola, Katy, Henry and Luke before I leave which is nice.

I'm just looking forward to getting out there now, finding myself somewhere to live, meeting people and getting on with it!  The fact that I'm going to have to speak French at some point is in the back of my mind but it may come sooner rather than later as some of the adverts I've been replying to are just in French.  In fact I think my only confirmed appointment is French.... wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Bex! It might be easier when you're out there, and your French will be fine! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: