Friday 16 September 2011

DIY Timetables

Today began with a French test (I say began, it wasn't until 11 but you don't want to hear about my breakfast I'm sure).  It was...interesting?  I must say parts of it I didn't have a clue about in the slightest  but other parts I think I did ok at.  We never actaully get the results, we just get put into groups 1-3 and A-D, well I'm in 3D so potentially the bottom set but who knows (all the Lancaster group are in the same class so I'm not bothered!).

I never thought I'd say this but UK unis spoil us, we don't have to work for what they give us, e.g we expect a timetable.  Think again.  Out here it is DIY timetable, although I must say at least ISTI is in the 21st century and everything is available online!  But still, it is more work than just logging on to LUVLE.  I've chosen the courses I think I want to do, got some French language, French to English translation, 20th Century French literature and then first year courses in Law and Philosophy.  28 credits (of which Lancaster will only take my best 22.5) and 11 hours a week.  Not bad when you see I start at 2 on a Monday and finish by 3 on a Thursday, nice long weekend there :)  At least that is the plan, just wait until something comes along to shatter it all again!

As this weekend is potentially the last one where I can do what I like without feeling guilty that I should be doing something else I'm going to make the most of it.  Some museums are free entry this weekend so I'm going to have a geeky weekend under the guise of DELC 310 prep (except for the musical instrument museum, that's just for me :P )

Well, bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Blimey, 11 hours a week???? You just wait for Spain! Enjoy yourself this weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: