Tuesday 22 May 2012

Exactly a month remains- the penultimate visitor to Granada

As today is the 22nd of May it marks exactly one month until I am leaving Granada, heading home and ending my year abroad once and for all.  In fact, 4 weeks to the day I will have finished all my exams here and will be getting ready to pack my bags.  Maybe it would be a good time to get started on some revision...  Crazy as Spain is and disorganised as some parts of the uni here would seem to be I have just one class tomorrow and then one a day next week until they are all over on Thursday ready for Fridays first exam... Anyway, enough about all that!

This weekend I have had my penultimate visitor here, Lucy came for the weekend from Geneva.  She arrived around midday on Saturday (with a lovely bar of Swiss chocolate for me!) and we spent some time wandering around town before going out for Chinese in a restaurant really close to me that I'd not been to before.  On Sunday she went to the Alhambra and afterwards we met up and wandered around a little more, but it was a long day of walking so after tapas and churros we headed back and watched a film.  On Monday I had a class (turned out to be my last Spanish Dialect class EVER!) so Lucy went up to the monastery and then had a very Spanish time reading the paper and drinking coffee in a bar.  We did a lot more wandering around in the afternoon, including shopping and walking up into the Albyzin and admiring the views.  It was really nice to have the company for a few days.

That's all I have to tell for now I think, I don't imagine there is going to be much to tell over the next couple of weeks whilst all I'm really doing is revision, but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: