Sunday 12 February 2012

Adios Inglaterra, hasta el fin de Junio!

Here we are again, the night before I leave.  It's been great to be home for a few weeks but the only problem is now that I've got used to being here I'm off again.  Tomorrow morning at silly o'clock my grandparents will be here to take Mum and I to Stansted for our flight to Malaga.  We have spent the majority of today packing and unpacking and weighing and measuring... we got there in the end, partly thanks to Easy Jet and the fact they let you have an unlimited weight hand baggage as long as it is the right size to fit in the over head locker.  Result= My hand luggage weighs a tonne but I've got everything I want with me.  When it comes to getting it all back in June things aren't quite so certain, but I'll just have to cross that bridge when it comes to it in 4.5 months time I guess!

I guess I won't be writing for a few more days now, tomorrow will be spent travelling and getting myself moved into my room and working out what I need to go and buy from the shops as well as stocking up on food and going to a couple of meetings at the uni.  Getting the last minute worries about it now, but I know that once I've got there and into my room, met the girls I'm living with, been to the uni for the first time and my Mum has gone home I'll get settled into it just like I did in Brussels.  As I keep repeating this should be an easier term as it is my stronger language.  No matter what I tell myself though, I know the first week or two is going to be hard, it always is, but this time I know I've done it all before and it'll be fine.

This is the last time that I'll be doing this, once I come back from Spain I'll be working for the summer and then off to Lancaster for final year, and leaving to go there is a hell of a lot easier than this.  I'm already looking forward to living off campus next year, I think the changes and independence living abroad gives you it would be hard to go back to living in the bubble that is the Bailrigg campus!

So this is it I guess, Spain- here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: