Wednesday 12 October 2011

There is always something to look forward to.

I think I'm making this my Year Abroad motto for now, remembering that there is always something to look forward to.  Especially at the moment, with all my travelling plans I will be going somewhere or seeing someone every other weekend from the end of this month which both keeps me busy and makes time go faster knowing there is always something happening around the corner.  Plus I guess that when I go to Granada travelling won't be so easy or as cheap as it is when you're travelling from the European Capital as they call it so I need to make the most of it now!

Here is my lovely looking calendar:


Today started off as one of those days where I wished I just hadn't got out of bed. I got up early so that I'd have plenty of time and not have to rush, well, clearly I needed to go a little bit faster!  I didn't have enough time to finish my drink, despite trying to cool it down with a generous helping of milk.  I then, following the "Healthy Bex" plan walked down the stairs and set of to the tram, quite quickly may I add.  Half way to the tram I realised I didn't have my travel card because I'd swapped bags....so back I go!  I didn't consider this to be a good start to my day.  Once I was back on the main road I could see the tram coming and was convinced I wasn't going to get there in time but my luck evidentally changed and I got on just as the doors were shutting.

Wednesday is not my favourite day of the week, it starts with 2 language classes, including an oral class that is continually assessed... and ends in 2 hours of 20th century French literature.  Today it was made worse by the fact that I had planned to meet my Tandem (Language exchange) partner for the first time and I really wasn't sure what to expect of it.  It turns out I needn't have worried as she is very nice and I even managed a comprhensible conversation with her in French for about 45 minutes.

This week has gone very quickly actually, tomorrow is technically my last day of the week before the weekend begins and I'm going to a Welcome Party-Speedy Friending (Which I presume to be like speed dating but to make friends?) I'd say that 4 weeks into classes this may be a little late but who knows, I'm just wondering what sort of sad people that haven't made friends after 4 weeks turn up to this sort of thing.  Oh yeah, that's right, people like me...oh god.  I'll let you know how it goes, at least I have a little more confidence in my French after today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: