Sunday 2 October 2011

Granada...Girona...Granada...Girona...GRANADA

So the decision has finally been made, and Granada it is.  Quick run down of why:
  • Spanish vs Catalan- in my mind Spanish was always going to win, 0.5 units of next year are Catalan, my degree however? 50% Spanish.
  • Location- I chose Granada in the first place because of it's location and the fact that I know it is a lovely city.
  • Convenience- This way I can leave here on the 22nd ish of Jan, go home for a week or 2 just about and head out to Granada.
This afternoon was intended to be for doing my reading for ISTI and take a look at DELC 310, this failed as instead I spent the entirety of it doing my application for Granada.  For a European University their organisation is really quite something else!  They have timetables and exam dates online and ask us to pick our courses now.  I have managed to put together a horrible timetable which starts at 8.30 every day (Must find somewhere close to live...) and on two days of the week ends at 9.30PM!  I do however get Friday off.  The reason this took me so long to do though was becuase seeing as I could access the exam dates I tried my best to finish as early as possible in the hope that I might make it back to Lancaster for Grad Ball and Extrav.  I finish on the 19th of June and my best guess tells me that Grad Ball will be somewhere around the 23rd/25th sort of time- bonus!  I've settled on Intro to Latin, History of Women, Cultural Anthropology, History of the modern world, and a course on Spanish dialects.  That might sound heavy but its actually fairly light subject matter compared with some of the other courses I could've done.  That's the important part of my day over with!

This morning I did a dictee (dictation, the Francophones love them...) with my flat mate for some work I need to do for ISTI and then we went out to lunch.  Was really nice to get to see a part of the city I've not been to, and as it is so close to me I'm not really sure how I've missed it!  I had a tartine which is apparently very Belgian and is essentially just an open sandwhich.  I also had a glass of Jus de pomplemousse just because I love saying the word!

That brings us to the end of week 3 folks, roll on week 4! This will actually be the first "normal" week I've had here with no random days off or trips to go on.  A bientot :)

2 comments:

  1. Love Granada - it's like a little bit of Africa. Hope you have loads of time for sightseeing as well as studying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thank goodness for decisions! Let the flat hunting begin - or is it too early!!?? xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: