Saturday 16 June 2012

The penultimate week of my Year Abroad and my final visitor.

This time next week I will be back in the UK, after having a touristy week of being able to fully enjoy Granada I have realised how much I really like it here.  If I could just relocate my family, friends, Uni and job to Spain I'd love to stay longer, I can see myself coming back to Spain in the future, got to go and finish off that degree first!


On Sunday I headed off to Malaga to meet Henry at the airport, before that though I decided to have a wander round, I'd have liked to have a bit more time as I just about had enough time to get down to the port, have a drink and then walk back to the bus station so I didn't really get to see that much.  We didn't get back to Granada until later in the evening so we went for dinner and then headed back to the flat.  I didn't have any particular plans for Monday so we spent it wandering round, the day was basically a series of moments sat in bars or cafes drinking and eating interspersed with walking round.  It was a lovely day so we walked up towards the Albyzin, on the way up I realised there was a part of Granada that I'd still not taken a lot at myself, the Sacremonte so we had a good wander round there too.  The views out over the Alhambra were brilliant!



After this we continued walking up the hill to Mirador de San Nicolas to enjoy the view and one of the best smoothies I've ever drunk.  The intention was to then walk to another view point but the map reading let us down and we never actually made it there!  

On Tuesday we went to the Alhambra, this was the second time I've been but I missed out a chunk the first time so it was good to get to go again.  Also, the first time I went it was raining and Tuesday was a lovely blue-skied day.




Wednesday was beach day so we headed off to SalobreƱa in the morning and stayed on the beach all day.  I, the ginger, got a little burnt on my back and on the tops of my legs but otherwise left the beach undamaged.  Someone however left resembling a lobster and has suffered the consequences of it since...  I had an exam on Thursday evening so I took my revision along with me.




We didn't do much on Thursday but I did go along to my penultimate exam and it wasn't too bad.  Very early start on Friday as Henrys bus left Granada at 7am...


Back to reality now and getting on with my revision for my final exam on Tuesday.  I doubt I'm going to have much left to blog about now as I'll just be revising, reading in the sun, cleaning, washing and packing over the next 6 days.  I'll probably write some sort of summary to the year on Thursday once I'm all packed up and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: