Wednesday 9 November 2011

The realisation that you're more than halfway through first semester...

...and therefore already a quarter of the way through the year abroad (not including Christmas and the gap between semesters).  Scary stuff.

I realised this when I said goodbye to my grandparents today and told them I'd be home in 6 weeks tomorrow, 6 weeks actually sounds like a short amount of time to me now, I've been out here for nearly 9 weeks I think and that has flown by like you wouldn't believe.  I remember booking all these trips and things to give me something to look forward to and I've been back from the first for nearly 2 weeks and going on the next one (Luxembourg) this weekend!  I've got into quite a little habit of crossing the days off on my D.I.Y calendar now too.  Call me sad if you want, I'm used to the abuse, I'm hardening to it...

I was hoping to do another video (yes I know the music has been removed from my first one, no worries I have a cunning plan to get round Mr Copyright Police next time) but lets face it, time is not on my side at the moment!  I'll try at some point but there are no promises!  There'd be no point at the moment anyway, it wouldn't be pleasant to listen to, my lovely germ infested, sore throat and bunged up nose have seen to that one...

In other news I've got myself an interview for volunteering at the Olympics, not doing anything exciting, in fact I'd be on the wrong side of the gate taking tickets and not seeing anything at all, but hey, it's something.  I might not get it anyhoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: