Sunday 4 March 2012

The shortest working week ever.

This week I only had classes on Wednesday and Thursday because of the long weekend and the fact that I don't have classes on a Friday anyway.  Not really sure where the weekend went to as it is now Sunday night again!  I'm getting in the swing of things with my classes now, and am pretty ok with them all.  Latin is pretty hard, well it would be hard learning the basics of another language whilst being taught in your second language wouldn't it?!  I'm having to come home and look it all up again in English and then transfer that back into Spanish... it's ok, just going to take a bit more work than the average course for an Erasmus student I guess!  I've also got an exam this Wednesday for my history of women course, because the teaching is split into 4 parts with 4 different teachers we've got different assessment styles for each, of the 2.5 points available for this part I can get 1 point for just turning up to 4 classes and writing any old answer to a question he gives us at the end of class which is really handy!  I hope the next 3 teachers are just as helpful on that front and I'll be fine to just about scrape myself a pass even if the exams go badly.

Friday evening I went out with Jade, Abbie, Jack, Mike and Aimee to a tapas bar where had it been daylight we would've been able to see the Alhambra outside I think.  I paid 10.50 for everything I ate or drank all evening, and I had enough tapas to constitute a meal so that was plenty, plus we were drinking sangria, not fulfilling enough Spanish stereotypes here am I?  Shall I go to a flamenco show tomorrow and then to a bull fight just to top it off?!

As for today and yesterday I've not really done much, I've been over all my notes from my classes and got a substantial bit of work done on my dissertation so I'm happy.  I'm hoping to know by this time tomorrow the results of the Languages Society elections in Lancaster so I can stop boring you all with stuff about that, in case you've missed it I'm running for President, so wish me luck!  For now I'm listening to a live stream of the ULMS Wind Band and Choir concert from the Great Hall in  Lancaster, it's great how LA1 TV are doing this, I know a few more people on their year abroad streaming it tonight, it's great, can't wait to be back there in October playing with them all again myself though, my poor saxes are very neglected these days....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: