Sunday 11 March 2012

Apparently I've been here for a month already?

Now that is a scary thought right there.  Tomorrow I will have been living in Granada for a month and I honestly couldn't tell you where that time has gone.  The scary thing is I have 15 weeks left here, and I have plans for 8 of my 14 remaining weekends!  If the 4 weeks I have been here have flown by so quickly when I've not had plans or much work to do then how quickly is the rest of the time going to pass?!?

This weekend I've not really been up to much, I had a 4 day weekend because my only Thursday class was cancelled.  I could've used this time to work on my dissertation, finalize my essay for Lancaster or even do some of my Lancaster Award forms that I really need to do, but I've not done any of that!  I've done a few bits for uni here but not much.  On Thursday night I went out for tapas, I seem to be getting rather partial to a bit of tapas and sangria don't I..?  Yesterday I went to the beach, we had really nice weather for about an hour an a half but after that it got a bit cold so we went to have lunch at a bar just up from the beach.  Oh, what I forgot to say is that it was a rocky beach as opposed to sand, so not the most comfortable!  We're determined to find a sandy beach round here somewhere though...

Actually, I did do something vaguely productive, I wrote an article for Third Year Abroad called ebooks vs real books on a year abroad, which I am being paid for in Amazon vouchers, so I'm pleased with myself.  At least something was achieved this weekend.

This week may finally be a "normal" week for me where I get all my classes and actually go to uni 4 out of 7 days, but who knows what may crop up to change those plans, another random conference, a protest maybe? (There was one on Thursday, a feminist demonstration to tie in with International Womens Day, you should've seen the amount of police that were out for it, a bit excessive I think.)

Whilst I'm here, apologies to anyone that follows me on Twitter and was bombarded with #lusuelections tweets on Tuesday and Friday, it's all over now I promise! (Until next year...)  I should find out the results of the exam I took last week in the next few days, so that'll be nice to know how many points I have towards passing this module.  I'm only taking enough to satisfy Lancsaster this term, I took a few extra in Brussels but couldn't find anything I liked that worked with my timetable here.  I'm happy that I could pass 2 of the 4, but my Latin class and my Dialect class look like they're going to be rather hard.  As long as I get some points to take back to Lancaster with me though that's fine as I did alright in Brussels so I'm not going to get myself worried about it. Edit: Got 1.5 out of 2.5 marks available so that'll do :)

I've not eaten the most healthy food this weekend (tapas, Mcdonalds, chips...) so I'm going to try harder tonight, no doubt I'll end up snacking on chocolate later though!

This time in 3 weeks I'll be on holiday in Majorca!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hey! :) I found your blog on the third year abroad website! I'm going to be in Granada next year so I'm following your blog with interest, sounds like you're having an amazing time and I can't wait to get out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It's nice to hear that I might actually be of use to someone rather than just rambling away to myself. Are you going for the whole year or splitting it and going somewhere else too?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: