Thursday 15 December 2011

Just 6 more sleeps to go.

Being just 7 days (and 6 sleeps) away from heading home for Christmas I thought it was about time for a blog. Since getting back to Brussels from Lille nothing particularly noteworthy has happened other than having now got everything lined up for Granada, the deposit is paid for the room, the flights are booked and Mum is coming with me for the first few days.  One of the best things about having the room sorted is that I have a nice 3 weeks to spend at home after my exams are over in Brussels and before I head off to Espana.  (Lancaster, beware, I'll be heading up on the last weekend in January!)

The weather here has been terrible for the last few days, and it's a great time to discover a lack of shoes that are watertight, indeed it was actually my Uggs that kept my feet dry the most effectively, but I'm not sure the rain did them much good...I'm not actually sure where the rain is worse, Brussels or Lancaster, either way attempting to use an umbrella is futile.

Tomorrow sees me once again making the epic journey out to Charleroi airport and I'm not even leaving the country.  Please cross your fingers that the weather will be ok tomorrow because I really don't feel like hanging round in an airport that is pretty much just a shed on the edge of a field.  There is only so much reading I will be able to get done and work I will be able to do sitting at arrivals.

Today all the students in my now to remain unnamed department (although it hardly takes a genius to work it out) received a Christmas Greetings email.  Two problems with this, one was that they actually managed to get our departing Vice Chancellors name wrong, he is no longer Wellings but Wellington it seems, he has clearly had a great influence on the staff of the department.  They also mentioned a piece of work this is apparently optional but they say they advised us to do- no one has a clue about it, interesting!

Any work that hasn't been done and doesn't get done tomorrow will now have to wait until Tuesday afternoon (and lets face it, with only 2 sleeps until home at that point nothing particularly productive is going to get done) as I will be spending the weekend showing Henry the sites of Brussels, although if the recent weather continues we may have to swim everywhere.

Sorry that this post hasn't been very interesting, I'm sure I'll have another one or two posts to share with you before I head home for Christmas, then I'll go quiet for a while as I presume you don't want to hear all about my Christmas/New Year celebrations, revision and essay writing!

6 sleeps until home!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: