Monday 23 April 2012

A weekend in Cordoba

I can't remember when the last time I blogged was, but I think it was a while ago.  Since then I have started my own mini series of video blogs on Youtube, they're all on language based topics and you can find my channel here. 

This weekend I went to Cordoba for a few days with Jack and Erin.  Wouldn't usually mention the bus journey but I'm going to because we got a free bottle of water, packet of peanuts and a pastry as well as extra comfy chairs and a film to watch!  Once we actually arrived in Cordoba however we met Erin off of her train and got a taxi to the hostel on the basis that we didn't really know where we were going. The hostel was very nice and just what we needed for the weekend.  We spent Friday afternoon eating, wandering round and then eating some more!  On Saturday we went to the Mezquita, the "must-see" attraction in Cordoba, it's a lovely building and well worth your money to take a look round if you're there.  From there we headed to the Alcazar which has some lovely gardens as well as a tower you can climb to see out over the city.  It was a really hot day so we took this opportunity to sit in the gardens for a bit to catch the sun.  We came across a cheap Chinese for lunch which was really nice, and good for the price too.  We also came across a market stall that sold loads of flags, we got some for LULangS, Jack got a Venezuelan flag just for the sheer hell of it and Erin got a Catalan flag, partly because she'd been looking for one for ages and partly because she found it really funny that she could buy one in Andalucia! After this we weren't really sure what to do with ourselves so we went and sat on the terrace at the hostel for a bit and chilled in the sun once again.  In the evening we did a lot more wandering and then gave up on being good and cultural and had kebab for dinner...  Our bus wasn't until 2 on Sunday but as we had our bags with us we didn't really want to do too much.  We ended up walking towards the bus station and stopping every 5 minutes for a 30 minute break, I'm not even exaggerating!  That wasted away the morning quite well and before we knew it we were on the bus and Granada bound, leaving Erin soaking up the sun whilst she did some work as her train wasn't until a lot later.  I'm in the process of loading my million photos up onto Flickr so if you feel like taking a look they'll be there for you in a bit.

This week I have 4 days of classes (although if I overheard a conversation correctly it may even be 3...) before I go to Seville with Erin on Friday until Sunday.  Monday and Tuesday are fiesta here so there are no classes, meaning just 2 days of classes for me next week and then my parents and my Nana arrive on Sunday for the week!  I'll be back with an update for you after Seville, I doubt anything interesting will happen before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: