Wednesday 7 March 2012

Only in Spain...

Only in Spain...
...would it be completely normal to walk into an exam part way though and it not be a problem.
...would it be completely fine for the teacher to walk in 15 minutes late and continue as if nothing is wrong.
...would nobody bat an eyelid when in the middle of the class someone suddenly gets out of their seat, lets it clatter and bang and then walk out of the room. (Today a herd of people all chose to leave at once when the teacher set us an activity to do)
...would I have had a 5 day weekend, followed by a 2 day week, a 3 day weekend, and then just a 3 day week before another 4 days off and it's not unusual at all.

On Tuesday my Latin teacher told us that we won't be having class tomorrow because it is International Womens Day and they want to encourage us to go to some conference or another.  That just means another day off for me then, and brings my week day:weekend ratio to 3:4, just slightly more acceptable than last weeks 2:5!

Today I had an exam, less than 3 weeks into classes and I'm already being assessed.  On the plus side it does mean that I have completed a quarter of that course already, it's nice to know that I've got myself some points already.  I'm only taking enough credits to fulfil what Lancaster need us to take, although I don't have to pass them they do count towards my grade for this year, so I want to do ok in them.

I'm not sure what my plans are for the weekend, tomorrow I think I'll try and learn the Latin that I'm not picking up very well in class and then in the evening I'm off out for tapas (chinese tapas apparently) with Jack and Anna, I met Anna on Twitter/Third Year Abroad funnily enough as she was in Belgium last semester and her blog was listed on the website.  We've not actually met up yet so it should be nice.

The rest of the weekend is a little vague, there might be a trip to the beach on the cards, but if not I really must force myself to get out and see things, take some photos and go for a walk rather than staying in my room even if I am being productive on my dissertation- that is not what I am here for!


2 comments:

  1. I thought that under Erasmus rules students had to study full time at the partner university? Sounds like you are having a great time though. Keep up the good blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are recommended to take 30 ECTS but don't have to, I take 24 ECTS and have 16 hours of class time a week. Some people have to take 30 but don't have to do the exams whereas I doo. I think it varies from place to place. Can I just ask out of interest where you found my blog? I like to know where people are coming from to get here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a message: